[MacDV] Re: In defense eMacs-- was350MHz G4 and suggestions-- MacDV Digest #2674

Colin McDonald cmmcdonald at mac.com
Sat Apr 17 13:23:25 PDT 2004

On Saturday, Apr 17, 2004, at 20:23 Europe/London, illovox at comcast.net
wrote:

> I have been an avid mac user and tech for years.  In MY experience,
> 1st gen
> eMacs have problems due to heat and cheap components, monitor issues,
> and
> all G3 iceBooks  suck because of rotten hinge and cable design.  If
> your G3
> iceBook doesn't have a problem now, it will.  Also:
>
> 1st gen B&W g3--suck
> 1st gen G4--suck
> 1st gen g5--why only one optical drive bay?  Sucks.  Newer cooler G5
> chips
> should solve the problem.  Rest is cool.

Why stop there?
Titanium PowerBooks - sucked so bad they got blown away - paint,
overheating, broken connections, bad screens.

iPods - another high vacuum topic. Scandalous stuff. Apple forced into
U turn due to howls of protest from millions of frenzied customers...

I think some of us have been reading too many tabloid newspapers, don't
you? :-)

Colin McDonald