[MacDV] Transitions in FCP4

James Asherman jimash at optonline.net
Mon Apr 19 19:14:11 PDT 2004

On Monday, April 19, 2004, at 09:27  PM, Ian Tucker wrote:

> I am having trouble bringing transitions in between clips in FCP.
> There does not seem to be an apparent reason for this as some clips
> that are quite short accept the transition whilst at other times I
> cannot insert a transition between quite long clips.
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> TIA
>
> Ian T.

Make sure that however you get your clips on the timeline that there
are no gaps
Try Highlighting the cut and selectig a transition from  the menu
If that doesn't work position the timeline cursor at your cut and use
the transition menu
Make sure that you're clips have heads and tails or compromise the
in/out/middle thingy.
If you have no favorrites or anything you could trash your prefs as
they say but it trashes favorites too. bummer.