[MacDV] Re: I Wish I Had Known...

Mark M. Florida markf at squareblue.com
Mon Apr 19 20:26:41 PDT 2004

On Apr 19, 2004, at 8:17 PM, <illovox at comcast.net> wrote:

> on 4/19/04 3:14 PM, James Asherman at jimash at optonline.net wrote:

> 1st Gen CANNOT take most upgrades...no AGP.

IIRC, the 1st gen. of G4s consisted of both PCI and AGP graphics
models.  PCI on the 350 MHz model and AGP on the 400 and 450 MHz
models.  Then when Apple finally started shipping the 500 MHz models,
the model with PCI graphics got bumped up to 400 MHz.

>> But the 2001 Quicksilver is just more attractive than the other two.
>> She's just prettier on my desk.

Yeah, that's what I have at home, and although it is nice to look *at*,
I'm becoming frustrated with its limitations. (one optical drive bay, 3
memory slots, no analog audio in -- why the hell not?????????  "'cause
Lord Steve spoke and they made it so..."  Jeez, I love using commie
computers)  joking of course...  maybe...