Speed Issues--MacDV Digest #2680

Ted Langdell ted at tedlangdell.com
Wed Apr 21 08:44:52 PDT 2004

Are you up do date on the OS versions and other software updates?

My friend Eric was having problems with a project in FCP 4 on a 1GHz G4
laptop with 512 RAM.  The project would take FOREVER to open.

Yesterday, we updated his OS to 10.2.8, and caught several other things
necessary before installing the iLife package (because we ultimately
will use iDVD to burn a copy of the project) and voila... problem
solved.

Maybe your bogged down situation is related to something a software
upgrade will address?

Ted Langdell
Marysville, CA