Gamma Settings and PC Monitors

Chris Searles csearles at t-online.de
Thu Apr 22 15:23:57 PDT 2004

I have been reading a little bit about the differences in gamma
settings between PC and Mac monitors and about how it is helpful to
adjust your video settings accordingly, i.e. in Cleaner, for best
cross-platform results. Just two questions if I may:

1) Does anyone know of a good tutorial which explains these things in
more detail?

2) Do these differences in gamma values also hold true for PC laptop
users, i.e are PC TFTs inherently darker than those of Macs because
they have a different gamma value?

Thanks,

Chris Searles