FCE and Photoshop

Scott Wm Eastman FunnyBoy at netnet.net
Mon Apr 26 11:01:12 PDT 2004

Hello All!

Could those of you familiar with FCE and making title screens in PhotoShop
please take a look at these steps and see what I might be missing... My
problem is that the finished size of the title screen ends up being about
1/3 less than full screen.....

1) Create a new document in PS using the default video settings (720x480
with square/rectangle adjustments built in and screen-friendly guides set
up)

2) Set up the background, create title layers using the font tool and then
rasterizing the font.

3) Save as a PSD document in a new folder specifically for the project.

4) Open FCE project. With BROWSER window active, right click to import
folder created above

5) Double click on the file.psd to open the sequence in the TIMELINE window

6) Edit the fade in of each layer as desired.  Render sequence.

7) Click on the Main Project tab. Drag edited file.psd from the BROWSER
window to the proper place on the main timeline.  Render all.

8) Once rendered, the photoshop project appears to be less than full-size
(maybe about 2/3) and is centered in the middle of the CANVAS.

What part am I missing?  Thanks in advance for your help!!

:o)
Scott

--
I'm not a coward, I've just never been tested.
I'd like to think that if I was, I would pass.

                                                        - Bosstones