Missing Render Files

Steve Robertson stever at mindspring.com
Mon Apr 26 11:22:55 PDT 2004

I created a few sequences in FCE, then tried to make a QuickTime movie
from each sequence. On some, just after I clicked on the final button
to make the movie, I got an error message saying something like "The
file 'NameofSequence-FIN-00000001' is missing. The movie will not play
without it. Cancel? Search?"

These are render files, and the offending file was indeed nowhere to be
found. But the sequence plays fine within FCE. Any ideas about how this
problem might arise?

I doubt if there's a way to cure the problem, once it develops. But I
guess I can print the sequence to tape, re-capture it, then make my
QuickTime movie.

Steve Robertson
Publisher of Fiddlin' Around
http://www.starchart.com/FidA/fida.html