[MacDV] Welcome to my nightmare!

Gerhard Kuhn gerhardk at mac.com
Fri Apr 30 06:02:47 PDT 2004

Hi Chris

I hate to say I told you so but when you were considering the purchase
of a Canon DV camera  via the web from the U.S. I posted that I
purchased my Rebel in Canada despite the higher price because of the
possibility of the camera having to cross the border multiple times if
a warranty issue arose.  Having said that I would contact the tax folks
and see if you can get those charges refunded since the product is now
returning to the U.S.  The other thing is to make sure that you
identify the package being shipped to the states as a warranty return
to avoid incurring charges on this trip across the border.  Isn't free
trade great?

Good luck

Gerhard