[MacDV] More on a Beige G3 and Video

illovox at comcast.net illovox at comcast.net
Wed Dec 1 18:08:27 PST 2004

Mark, Shirley,

Although I wizz along on my MDD 2 x 1.25ghz G4 nicely, I have been
fantasizing about getting a Beige G3 I rescued from the dump up and running
as a DVD-playing, video-noodling adjunct machine for either den use or
actual production work in my office.  What suggestions aside from maxing ram
and cpu upgrades do you recommend?  Will the unit play DVDs merely by adding
one of the Super-Drives to the machine or does the video card have to be
changed out as well?  Do(es) these(this) change(s) allow for DVD burning on
the unit via Toast?  Will a combo drive do the trick?

Thanks for the coming advice, any and all...:)

Run