[MacDV] Converting mpeg file to VOB for DVD

Michael Winter winter at mac.com
Mon Dec 6 06:10:17 PST 2004

On Dec 4, 2004, at 7:34 AM, Frank Farwell wrote:

> I have toast 5 that will write DVDs, and have used it for that with a
> VIDEO-TS folder I will see if it will do the conversion, otherwise i
> need another way....
> No it does not seem to do any conversion - o well any other solutions?

Toast 6 will do the conversions. That was one of the major features
added to version 6. Theoretically,  ffmpegX will also do the
conversion, but for some reason I can't get it to work. I believe MPEG
Streamclip will also do the conversion as well if you're starting with
an mpeg. Both ffmpegX and MPEG Streamclip are free IIRC. Obviously the
Toast upgrade is not.

-Mike