[MacDV] Price 4 Slide Show

ShirleyK ShirleyKat at cox.net
Fri Dec 17 21:09:23 PST 2004

Have you ever figured out what you earn per hour (approximately) doing
this? How about getting customers? How do you do that? Word of mouth? I
suppose you get a variety of source images as far as quality. Do you
spend significant time restoring bad photos and cleaning up dust and
scratches that were on the film? I've been working with my mother's
negatives, many from the 1940's. I can knock most of them out in
probably 10 minutes or less, but there are a few that don't go nearly
that quick. How do you handle that when you've got the scan on the
monitor and now you see how much work it's going to take to make it
look good?

I'm sure that sounds like a lot of money to the client, but to me, it
seems like minimum wage for my time. Still, if you're retired and enjoy
doing it, why not pick up a few bucks for it too.

Shirley