[MacDV] Squeezed image when Importing mp4 into iMovie

Dennis Fazio dfz at mac.com
Sun Dec 19 17:38:35 PST 2004

--On Sunday, December 19, 2004 04:06:59 PM CST -0600 Dennis Fazio
<dfz at mac.com> wrote:

> I would like to import and edit an mp4 movie in iMovie. I used Handbrake to
> extract a widescreen movie and create the mp4 file. However when imported
> into iMovie, I get a fullscreen image that is horizontally squeezed. I can
> find no controls either in handbrake or iMovie that will result in the
> proper letterboxed image.

Well, with some earnest searching, I finally found that you can adjust the
size when Sharing by exporting as a Quicktime movie. You can also resize it
with Quicktime Pro (which I don't have.) Anyway, the details are here:
<http://www.macos.utah.edu/Documentation/MacOSXClasses/digitalvideo/DigitalVideoClasses/DVC3/dvc3_main.html#MPEG_Formats>

--
Dennis Fazio
dfz at mac.com