[MacDV] Mpeg file conversion with toast 6 crashes

Frank Farwell frankfarwell at mac.com
Mon Dec 20 07:46:20 PST 2004

> On Dec 18, 2004, at 6:31 AM, Frank Farwell wrote:
>
>> Im converting a file that ends in mpeg, that is a mpeg2 file to burn
>> with toast 6 Ti.
>> It crashes in the prepping process after about 5 minutes, any ideas,
>> thing to try?
>
> The only times I've had problems is the occasional time Toast would
> seem to "hang" on a file -the progress bar stopped progressing. I don't
> think I've ever had it crash. A couple things to try though.

Michael

thanks for the reply, what I finally did was convert the mpeg file to a
DV file in toast 6.
Then using iDVD i burned it using the better quality as it was about 1
hour and 20 minutes in length.
this worked quite well.

the  preference file was brand new as  i had just installed toast. But
ill try it.

<Do you have plenty of space on your hard drive for the converted
files?>

yes about 80 GB

<Does the file play OK all the way through?>

The video does play all the way through fine with VLC.

appreciate these ideas and others you gave

FC Farwell