[MacDV] on Pricing Slideshows

Frank Garcia fgarcia at shaw.ca
Tue Dec 21 18:21:15 PST 2004

Sorry for the delayed response. I assume the discussion about the
slideshow pricing was referring to my query.

It's not actually DVD slideshows although I just did 5 for a Wedding
DVD. The project that I am querying about is actually an
audio-narrated project idea I'm pitching to a U.S. company, and it's
for the web. It will be audio based from an interview I do over the
phone, digitized, and then I'll "art direct" the photos to be taken
for me, since the subjects are out of town, and then have it
delivered to me and then I do the slideshow for later posting on the
web to promote a project.

Responding to Ted: No color corrections, etc. unless needed but I am
going to aim to do zooms/pans/rotates to make the show kinetic. I may
also dip back into Photoshop for neato SFX because I took a course
and want to remember all that I learned.

I must be vague because I don't want the specifics of the project to
get out! :)

But essentially, this is a new concept and I don't want to over (or
under) charge so I wanted a ballpark figure. Someone on this group
previously mentioned $250 per slideshow. That, to me, is too much.
I'm currently aiming for something like $150 US per show, but will
likely provide a small discount, and so that our package deal of
about 5 shows isn't too hefty for the company. I want to grow with
these guys so I want them to be happy...

Thanks for all the replies. I must tender the pricing ASAP! I'm
already overdue because I'm waffling on this.