[MacDV] Scanning Slides - DPI resolutions?

Ronald Woodland woodland at infowest.com
Fri Dec 24 15:27:06 PST 2004

Printing on an inkjet requires 200-300 dpi at the size you want the
picture to be ...you do the math.

Video is 72 dpi.  If you want to do the Ken Burns effect stuff, panning
is still 72 dpi at whatever size the image needs to be for panning
across it.  However, for zooming, you will need more resolution.  The
highest zoom factor still needs to be at 72 dpi.  If you don't have
enough resolution during the zoom, the image will go soft and perhaps
even pixelized.

Ronald Woodland -- St. George, Utah  84770
"When will the public cease to insult the teacher's calling with empty
flattery?
When will men who would never for a moment encourage their own sons to
enter the work of the public schools cease to tell us that education is
the
greatest and noblest of all human callings?"  - William C. Bagley