[MacDV] Scanning Slides - DPI resolutions?

ShirleyK ShirleyKat at cox.net
Fri Dec 24 17:37:11 PST 2004

Although I rarely print anything, I scanned most of my slides and
negatives at 2000 dpi on a Nikon film scanner and some at 2400 dpi on
an Epson flatbed. When I change 2400 to 200 (without resampling), I get
a 13.4 x 8.77-inch size. I keep a Photoshop version and a jpeg version.
I'd still use the 13 x 8 size for Photo to Movie before placing it's
resulting dv file into iMovie. (In other words, I don't use the
built-in Ken Burns effect - I use third-party software to do that
before it goes to iMovie.)

Shirley