[MacDV] Capture Stops Due To Missing Data On Tape

Thubten Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Sun Dec 26 12:56:22 PST 2004

On Dec 26, 2004, at 10:51 AM, James Asherman wrote:
> Very familiar sounding.
>
>  Using a deck, camera or analog firewire converter , is probably the
> way around this.

So you mean to run the analog out from the original into an A to D
Firewire converter? I have a Sony DVMC-DA2 Media Converter. Would that
give FCP a cleaner set of code that it wouldn't stop capturing if I
feed the converter the analog signal from my original damaged tape on
the way to the Mac for capture?