[MacDV] Capture Stops Due To Missing Data On Tape

James Asherman jimash at optonline.net
Sun Dec 26 13:28:54 PST 2004

On Sunday, December 26, 2004, at 03:56  PM, Thubten Kunga wrote:

> So you mean to run the analog out from the original into an A to D
> Firewire converter? I have a Sony DVMC-DA2 Media Converter. Would that
> give FCP a cleaner set of code that it wouldn't stop capturing if I
> feed the converter the analog signal from my original damaged tape on
> the way to the Mac for capture?

Right. Analog thru the Sony will at least play continuously.
The timecode  will be pretty meaningless and it will no longer cut up
the shots.
With performance like you describe sometimes I will use the good parts
and then use this technique to recapture the badly fragmented parts.
Take a look at your audio too. It can be  chopped up pretty bad in the
bad captures.
Jim