[MacDV] TRV900 and pass-through = it can be done !

Fabian Ius fabian_ius at edu.yorku.ca
Sun Dec 26 17:38:02 PST 2004

W T McCain III <list at mccaingroup.com> on Sunday, December 26, 2004 at 2:43
PM -0500 wrote:

>My digital video camera is a Sony TRV900, so it does not pass through
>via firewire to iMovie.

The Sony TRV-900 is shipped with the pass-through NOT activated.

However, there is a hack that will allow you to activate the pass-through
function.  It requires purchasing a service remote. The RM-95 is a wired
LANC remote which can control any LANC camera or VCR.  From what I read on
the internet
<http://www.bealecorner.com/trv900/rm95.html#transcoding>
...it isn't that difficult to do and you can always reset if you want to.