Video monitor playback?

Lucariello klucariello at nwaft.com
Sun Feb 8 14:15:08 PST 2004

We have a Mac G5, a Sony TRV-22 camcorder and a 13-inch symphonic TV hooked
up as a monitor. Using Final Cut Express, I'm trying to get the video out to
the monitor to play as well as on the computer screen. The picture is there,
but it's still. When I play the footage on the computer monitor, it moves
but the video picture remains still until I stop playing the footage on the
computer monitor, then the picture on the TV jumps to where the playback bar
stopped. Is it possible to get both to play simultaneously? The camcorder is
hooked up to the computer with a Firewire and hooked up to the TV with RCA
cables.