FCP4 on a G3!

illovox at comcast.net illovox at comcast.net
Sun Feb 8 16:41:36 PST 2004

I am happy to report that I have successfully installed my FCP4 on my G3
Pismo laptop!  Man, that is an amazing laptop.  The program runs smooth as
silk.  Although figuring out the hack was anything but smooth.  ;)  1 gig of
ram doesn't hurt.  5400rpm drive or faster doesn't hurt.  Patience...it
doesn't hurt either...

I did this because I now DISPISE the iceBooks in both G3 and G4 varieties,
and because my TiBook feels...I don't know...feels less enjoyable.  Wait,
that last remark doesn't feel reliable.  Oh well, maybe I did it because it
was there.

I wonder what that G4 upgrade in the ol' Pismo would do.  I am considering
it.  Any thoughts?