[MacDV] Video monitor playback?

Jeff Fay jeff.fay at uaf.edu
Mon Feb 9 15:22:58 PST 2004

Go to the last item in the View menu - External Video - and choose "All
frames".

Then try again to play your video.

Also check the Extenal Video tab under Audio/Video settings under the
Final Cut Pro menu to make sure you have Apple Firewire chosen as the
external video output (instead of Desktop 2 or one of the PAL choices).

I've found that if you have FCP windows that overlap, that can seriously
effect the computer's ability to send out a moving image to the DV cam
and on to the monitor or if you have video windows that are not seeing
the whole image, i.e. they have scroll bars, that also can cause the
moving image to not get output to the DV.

Hope this helps a little...

Jeff

Lucariello wrote:

> We have a Mac G5, a Sony TRV-22 camcorder and a 13-inch symphonic TV hooked
> up as a monitor. Using Final Cut Express, I'm trying to get the video out to
> the monitor to play as well as on the computer screen. The picture is there,
> but it's still. When I play the footage on the computer monitor, it moves
> but the video picture remains still until I stop playing the footage on the
> computer monitor, then the picture on the TV jumps to where the playback bar
> stopped. Is it possible to get both to play simultaneously? The camcorder is
> hooked up to the computer with a Firewire and hooked up to the TV with RCA
> cables.

> Send a message to <MacDV-DIGEST at themacintoshguy.com> to switch to the digest version.

"Buy a Mac and be thought a fool or buy a Windows box and remove all doubt."
-----