AIFF Quicktime Pro conversion question

Rod Duncan roduncan at telus.net
Tue Feb 10 10:38:28 PST 2004

This might be slightly off this list's focus but would appreciate any help.
(I did cross-post to the Mac Pro Audio List, but it isn't quite as
active as this list, so apologies to both list recipients for a
double post.)

I have a 908 MB 16 bit 48 kHz AIFF audio file I want to resize to fit
onto a regular CD for play in my car. It is a 90 minute voice audio
file so reducing the kHz isn't a big deal with only a subtle quality
change.

I first exported it from the 48 kHz size to a 32 kHz and this reduced
it to 649 MB. On attempting to burn it in Toast gave an error that
there were no enough sectors available. ???

I then tried a conversion to 24 kHz which reduced it down to a
smaller yet, 450 MB size. Both of these attempts to burn gave me the
not enough sectors available warning in Toast on attempt to burn. ???

What am I missing? Is it because the length is still 90 minutes? The
Quicktime file size is small enough to fit onto a 700 MB CD. I ended
up spitting it into two-45 minute CD's @ 48 kHZ & 16 bit stereo.
However, I did want it on one CD.

Any & all help appreciated.

Thanks,