[MacDV] I-Tunes question

ShirleyK ShirleyKat at cox.net
Thu Feb 12 17:54:15 PST 2004

Yes. The Library is the complete list. Playlists (folders) contain
pointers to the songs. You are neither moving nor copying the song when
you drag it to a playlist. You can put the same song in multiple
playlists. If you're ever about to delete the real song, you'll be
asked if you want to remove it from the disk. (That might be a
preference you can turn off. I wouldn't do that.)

After years of use, I still keep all the messages asking me if I'm sure
I want to clear the items in the list when I'm working on the
playlists. It's reassuring to see that I'm doing what I intend to do
(clear the playlist and not remove the songs).

Shirley