dealing with >2GB .dv files

Geoffrey Knauth geoff at knauth.org
Sun Feb 15 09:54:21 PST 2004

I'm new to iMovie.  I used a product called Formac Studio TVR to take
40 minutes of VHS and write it to my hard drive as a 7.5 GB .dv file.
iMovie won't let me import the file because it's greater than 2 GB.
What's the best way to split the file up without losing any frames?

I understand I can open the file with Quicktime Pro and move little
start/stop markers and then copy/paste segments.  But there are no
frame numbers listed, so I don't know if I would lose frames that way.
What do other people do or use?

Thanks,
Geoffrey
--