[MacDV] LaCie D2 FW Hard Drive

ShirleyK ShirleyKat at cox.net
Thu Feb 19 19:48:49 PST 2004

Before you pay that much, check LaCie's site.

http://www.lacie.com/products/product.htm?id=10116

You can have 250 GB with the triple interface (FireWire 800, 400, and
USB 2.0) for $299 direct from LaCie. That's what I have and while I
haven't imported video to it, I did install Panther on it and use it
now to boot up my dual 1.42 G4. I had to upgrade the firmware because I
bought it before Panther came out. It comes with three cables: 800 to
800, 800 to 400, and USB. I wanted to make use of my 800 port. It was
not recognized on an older G4 (dual 500) using the supplied 800 to 400
cable. I didn't follow up on that because I haven't had the need to use
it there. It would be interesting to see what happens now that it's a
boot drive. I don't know if there is an issue with size on the older
G4.

Shirley