[MacDV] LaCie D2 FW Hard Drive

Colin McDonald cmmcdonald at mac.com
Fri Feb 20 03:37:45 PST 2004

On Friday, Feb 20, 2004, at 02:04 Europe/London, David Crump wrote:

> Has anyone had any experience with the LaCie D2 Firewire external hard
> drive?  If so, what do you think of it?
>
> http://www.macwarehouse.ca/product.asp?sku=DR15605

David,

I've been using the LaCie 160 Gb Drive Firewire 400 drive (with a PB
Titanium 667) for about 3 months - its very good.
Audio/video files boot drive when needed.  It's fast enough to let me
import DV footage straight to the external drive with no problems. Less
than £1 UK per gigabyte from my local Apple dealer (ScotSys).

Colin McDonald