Sony TRV 900 Questions

Steve Robertson stever at mindspring.com
Mon Feb 23 10:13:33 PST 2004

Two questions:

I recently purchased a memory card for my TRV900- so I could shoot
stills without using the tape. When shooting stills with the tape, I
could see a big difference between stills shot with progressive scan
and those without progressive scan. The stills captured to memory look
much better than the ones captured on tape. I'm wondering if the
setting for progressive scan in the camera menu has any effect on
stills captured to memory?

I'm also wondering about head cleaning. Do mini-DV head cleaning tapes
do a good job? Is it important to use a Sony head cleaning tape? Or is
there something better out there?

Steve R.