[MacDV] Re: [MacDV]New to list: Questions about DV components

R B Williams brucewll at comcast.net
Tue Feb 24 12:37:01 PST 2004

The Dazzle would drop 3 - 4 frames at a time unless I was feeding it a signal with
timecode. Since I was converting older tapes, the extra step to add timecode first was
too time intensive.

Yes, you can use the Lacie burner with toast, but not iDVD. Sorry, I made an assumption
that you were thinking idvd and imovie.

Another lister recommends getting a Canon ZR (I have a 40). It looks like they can be
found on eBay for 250-280 right now. That would be a great way to go and give you a
miniDV camera to boot.

R.W.