[MacDV] Can't save iMovie 3.03 Projects

Carlton Kelly carlkelly at adelphia.net
Fri Jan 2 14:34:54 PST 2004

I think I may have discovered *why* I can't save my Projects, but I
have no idea as to what the solution may be. I've noticed that the
iMovie Project File is created at Project creation (as it should be),
but is never successfully updated by the iMovie Application. It always
contains 0 bytes. Everything else functions normally, but the iMovie
Application is unable to update its own reference file -- so it's
unable to remember anything from one session to the next (regardless of
how many times the project is saved.)

I've tried the following remedies with no success:

1. Modifying the permissions on the project file so that even Saddam
Hussein could update it.
2. Trashing the iMovie preferences file and restarting iMovie.
3. Running Disk Utility to Repair File permissions on the entire disk.

Has *anyone* ever had these issues?

Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions.

Carl