Creating Slide Shows

Joyce Ranieri jranieri at twcny.rr.com
Fri Jan 2 17:40:37 PST 2004

I'm taking some home video of last summer's vacation and making it into
a dvd. I want to add my digital pictures as a slide show. As I see it,
there are several options:
      1) creating the slide show in iPhoto and exporting it as a
Quicktime Movie, and then putting it in iDvd
      2) creating the slide show in iMovie and then putting it in iDvd
      3) creating the slide show in iDvd

Are there any benefits of using one method over the others? I know that
if I use the third option, I also get to archive those photos. Is there
another way to archive the originals if I create the slide show using
method 1 or 2?

Is there any benefit to creating the slide show in PowerPoint or
KeyNote (I have both) and then exporting it? This sounds like more work
to me, but it would give me the flexibility of adding captions if
desired.

Any suggestions? I really want to keep it pretty simple!