[MacDV] Creating Slide Shows

James Asherman jimash at optonline.net
Fri Jan 2 17:52:25 PST 2004

On Friday, January 2, 2004, at 08:40  PM, Joyce Ranieri wrote:

> I'm taking some home video of last summer's vacation and making it
> into a dvd. I want to add my digital pictures as a slide show. As I
> see it, there are several options:
>      1) creating the slide show in iPhoto and exporting it as a
> Quicktime Movie, and then putting it in iDvd
>      2) creating the slide show in iMovie and then putting it in iDvd
>      3) creating the slide show in iDvd
>
> Are there any benefits of using one method over the others? I know
> that if I use the third option, I also get to archive those photos. Is
> there another way to archive the originals if I create the slide show
> using method 1 or 2?
>
> Is there any benefit to creating the slide show in PowerPoint or
> KeyNote (I have both) and then exporting it? This sounds like more
> work to me, but it would give me the flexibility of adding captions if
> desired.
>
> Any suggestions? I really want to keep it pretty simple!

Simplest is option1 and iPhoto keeps your archive.
Optionn 2 is the preferd methosd because you can do more and use the
famous Ken Burns effect amng others.
So pit your pics in iPhoto and your music in iTunes and it will all be
there to work with in iMovie.
Option 3 is just pics flashing. no disssolves. Not preferred.
Very easy.
  JIm