[MacDV] I want to play DVD movies on my Mac Blue and White G3

Peter van der Linden pvdl at afu.com
Sun Jan 4 13:19:54 PST 2004

On Jan 4, 2004, at 11:48 AM, chrisandheather at shaw.ca wrote:
> I just purchased a X2 Apple DVD drive. I want to install it in my Blue
> and White G3. Will this work with the decoder?
>
> Chris

Since you already have the hardware, by far the quickest and most
accurate answer is to install it and see.  I can't think of any reason
why it wouldn't work.  The DVD-ROM drive just has a standard ATAPI
interface, same as CDROM.  All the rest of the software stack runs at
user level, so you can easily add/change it.

Let me know what you find.

      Peter