[MacDV] Re: Garage Band

Eagle eagle243 at mac.com
Tue Jan 6 14:02:41 PST 2004

On Jan 6, 2004, at 16:52, Mark M. Florida wrote:
> On Jan 6, 2004, at 12:54 PM, Erica Sadun wrote:
>> And iDVD 4 will let you do (a) 2 hours and (b)
>> create projects on machine A and burn them on
>> machine B.
>
> I wonder how the dual-machine burning works -- if you need an
> "official" internal SuperDrive (or Pioneer brand equivalent) on the
> burning machine, or what...
>
> Or if machine A could be the same as machine B with a FireWire DVD-R
> drive.
>
> Whoever finds out first, let us know!

To me, this and other factors point to the existence of an iBox:
1- iPhoto sharing via Rendezvous (this just begs for an "iPhoto server")
2- iTunes sharing via Rendezvous (see above)
3- iDVD can now run without a SuperDrive - "take your projects and burn
them on a SuperDrive-equipped machine"

I can totally see an iBox: think about it - you're sitting in your
living room perusing the iTunes Music Store on your iBox.  You decide
to purchase some tunes and in about 1 minute you're listening (on your
home stereo) to a new album you just bought.  The other Macs in your
home can make use of this album too, because of the 3-machine limit on
iTMS-purchased music.

Come on, Steve - please please please! :)

Eagle