[MacDV] Re: Maxtor 160GB (Blue and White G3)

Mark M. Florida markf at squareblue.com
Tue Jan 6 14:23:51 PST 2004

On Jan 6, 2004, at 3:59 PM, <illovox at comcast.net> wrote:

> It is nevertheless a software work around.  And I already mentioned
> that a
> pci ata controller card is the better solution.  And lastly, just
> because
> you are wrong doesn't mean there is an absence of community spirit.
> Sheesh.
> And that I provide further info, taking the time to research,
> contributes to
> the community.  Lighten up.

Points taken -- how about using some emoticons so we *know* rather than
*assume* you're not being an "I-told-you-so jerk"?  ;-)

But...  uh...  It's probably not too cool to blatantly call someone
"wrong" either...  'cause in one way I'm not wrong -- in that there
really is no "real" way for a Blue G3 to address an entire 160 GB drive
as a *Mac* volume (HFS+ format) with the built-in ATA controller.  Was
it wrong for me to assume it needed to be a *Mac* volume (the only
truly usable format for getting real work done)?

- Mark