[MacDV] Re: Maxtor 160GB (Blue and White G3)

Peter van der Linden pvdl at afu.com
Tue Jan 6 14:25:33 PST 2004

On Jan 6, 2004, at 2:23 PM, Mark M. Florida wrote:

> r.  Was it wrong for me to assume it needed to be a *Mac* volume (the
> only truly usable format for getting real work done)?

I think you are being too quick to assume that this Intech product will
format any kind of drive in excess of what the disk controller
supports.   I highly doubt that is possible, regardless of what type of
FS you want to lay out on the partition.

Intech themselves don't make any promise about this - they talk about a
MacOS limitation.  Not the disk controller limitation (which is
independent).

I don't believe I could use this Intech product to format a disk > 128
GB on my iMac.

      Peter