[MacDV] Apple abandons the G3 chip

Ryan Sutter vioman at nucleargopher.com
Wed Jan 7 07:53:10 PST 2004

Um...  No.  I spent $1200 on my bondi iMac but I don't expect it to be able to still handle all my computing needs.  It does what it can do.  It has limits.  All machines do.  If I wish to go beyond those limits, I need a different computer.  No computer can ever be expected to continue to run everything that comes out in the future and by computer standards a B&W G3 is ancient.  Keep it and use it within it's limits and know when to move on or sell it and put it towards a newer machine (a used G4 tower can be reasonably had).  You haven't lost a bunch of money, you've spent it wisely on years of use.  It's time to invest in another 5 years of use out of another machine. Since 1997 I've gone through a 7200, iMac, G4/400 and currently use a TiBook.  I sold the 7200 and G4/400, gave the iMac to my kid and use the TiBook every day even though I intend to replace it when there is a G5 Powerbook.  I don't consider a penny of the money I've spent wasted.  Each machine served me well within it's capabilities.  The iMac still works fine for my kid.  What is there to complain about?

Ryan

--- chrisandheather at shaw.ca wrote:
Hey,

With iLife 04' and Final Cut Express 2 I see my Blue and White G3 is
officially rendered useless. That is a pity. I spent so much on my
system:(

Chris

PS: Anyone here feel the same?

<http://www.themacintoshguy.com/lists/MacDV.html>.
Send a message to <MacDV-DIGEST at themacintoshguy.com> to switch to the digest version.

 XRouter | Share your DSL or cable modem between multiple computers!
Dr. Bott | Now $139.99      <http://www.drbott.com/prod/xrouter.html>

   Cyberian   | Support this list when you buy at Outpost.com!
   Outpost    |         http://www.themacintoshguy.com/outpost.shtml