Sony TRV 900 repair?

DBAFeldman at aol.com DBAFeldman at aol.com
Thu Jan 8 00:44:22 PST 2004

I was having some sound problems with my TRV 900. To the extent that it is
basically useless. The cost for repair is almost $700. They say this will put it
in like-new condition. 90 day guarantee or a full year for $20 extra. The
repair facility is highly recommended, authorized, etc.

Now I have to decide if I fix it or spend the money on something new. I'm not
sure if I can get anything comparable for $700. I have $60 into it for the
evaluation/estimate. So it is actually $640 additional to complete repairs.

Any suggestions or opinions would be welcome.

Thanks,
Jamie