[MacDV] Re: how and why to benchmark

Michael Winter winter at mac.com
Thu Jan 8 06:38:32 PST 2004

On Jan 7, 2004, at 7:08 PM, Dmytro Koval'ov wrote:

> Existence of the empty sectors on disk or fragmentation/
> de-fragmentation has nothing to do with capacity and/or flexibility.

I'm just wondering, based on the descriptions of usage and problems
encountered, if its the rebuilding of the disk directory (which is what
DiskWarrior does) that accompanies the defragmenting operation that's
solving the problems and not the defragmenting of the files.

So out of curiosity, has anyone who's been experiencing these problems
tried running DiskWarrior instead of defragmenting files? Did that
solve the problem?

-Mike