[MacDV] Ethernet network

Selander Timothy selander at tkf.att.ne.jp
Mon Jan 12 00:11:53 PST 2004

> Does anyone know if it is possible to hook a dv camera
> up to an ethernet work?  It's GL1 with firewire and
> serial ports. Is there such a cable that will go from
> the GL1 to an ethernet, ie firewire to ethernet?

The only camera I've heard of that has such an adapter is the JVC
'Streamcorder'. Don't know if the adapter would work with other cameras,
but it seems unlikely. Here's an URL for the product

http://www.ggvideo.com/jvc_gy-dv300.htm

The only other option I know of would be to connect the DV camera to a
computer, and use streaming software to send the video out the
computer's ethernet port.

Tim Selander
Tokyo, Japan