external hard drives

Mark Walker mark at scip.org.uk
Mon Jan 12 00:41:43 PST 2004

hello all

My colleagues and I work with homeless people making videos using
iMovie. We have two Formac 60Gb external firewire hard drives and
another similar whose make I can't remember.

All three work fine when connected to various iBooks running OS9.x
and we use them to store video as they work on it in iMovie - pretty
much without any problems at all.

BUT none of the drives can be read by a Ti Powerbook running 10.2.8 -
it sees the drive but wants to initialise it.

Which is a shame as I have DVD burner in the powerbook so simply want
to connect the drive containing the footage and burn it to DVD so the
video-maker can take it and work on other machines and/or take away a
DVD copy.

And I now can't even reboot the pwoerbook into OS9 to try to do it that way.

Any suggestions?

thanks

Mark

--