[MacDV] Import quality

Gerhard Kuhn gerhardk at mac.com
Fri Jan 16 18:51:40 PST 2004

If the DVD is a video DVD then it is compressed to be a mpeg 2 file,
even in best case scenario it will have been compressed to 1/3 the size
of the mini DV video.  Every time you compress and decompress the video
you will  lose quality.  If as you say there is  no compression then
you have a data DVD with DV files.  You can fit almost 20 minutes worth
of DV files on a DVD.
If I was you I would borrow a Mini DV camera from a
friend/colleague/family member and import the DV tape.

Gerhard Kuhn
suspice at hay.net