[MacDV] Re: DVD Player not playing

Mark M. Florida markf at squareblue.com
Fri Jan 16 20:27:37 PST 2004

My hunch is that the problem is caused by the disc media -- is it a
DV+R ("PLUS R") disc, by chance?  You should be able to tell either by
the printing on the top of the disc (pretty obvious), or if that's
covered up with a label or printing, then check the tiny type around
the center ring of the disc.  If it *is* a +R disc, try copying the
VIDEO_TS folder to the desktop, then point DVD Player there for
playback.  Then, if you want, after doing that, you can re-burn it to a
DVD-R ("DASH R")...

I just found this hint on macosxhints.com:

http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20031228200948977

- Mark