[MacDV] Import quality

ShirleyK ShirleyKat at cox.net
Sat Jan 17 08:21:15 PST 2004

DVD implies compression. It's compressed to whatever extent it needs to
be to fit on the DVD. It's not in a form now that is directly
importable to iMovie or Final Cut. The miniDV tape is what you want to
use. Borrow, Rent, or consider buying an inexpensive DV camera if you
want to make more movies in the future. You should be able to get
something for around $400 new or maybe take a chance on something used
from eBay.

Shirley