[MacDV] Re: iDVD iDvDidn't.

James Asherman jimash at optonline.net
Mon Jan 19 10:52:04 PST 2004

On Monday, January 19, 2004, at 01:32  PM, Richard Gilmore wrote:

> What does the picture look like when you try to play it on your DVD
> player? I
> made a DVD with OSX and iDVD 3 and found it wouldn't play right until
> I set the
> DVD player to NTSC from the "auto" setting that was the default. Just
> a thought
>
> Richard

You can't go wrong checking the details.

> Quoting Bobbo <bobbo924 at earthlink.net>:
>
>> After another four-hour attempt at encoding and burning, I came up
>> with
>> another pancake. It does play oK on my  Superdrive, but Crikey, the
>> idea
>> behind iDVD is that you burn a freaking DVD! If I wanna pass out home
>> movies to my family, do I REALLY have to buy them a Superdrive
>> equipped Mac
>> to go with it? This is outrageous.

I think a $69 dollar DVD payer will suffice. Really it's a tricky
business, but not that hard.
Someone mentioned making sure of Apple discs for giving out. Can't go
wrong with that.
  We are doing ok w/ Fuji , TDK, KHypermedia and a few others.
  It is tricky though. I recount for you the archive discs I made for a
client.
Though made on the same standalone DVD+R recorder and consisiting of
the same content and the same connections, when time came to test them
in my living room,
the Fuji discs played but my cheapo DVD player would not play the HP
discs (I ran out and had to get more) which WOULD play on my Mac. I
told her to take them and give them out and I would replace any that
didn't work.Have not heard from her. It's a finnicky medium as is DV
when you look at enough of it.