[MacDV] Re: Copying iDVD to DVD via Toast 5

James Asherman jimash at optonline.net
Thu Jan 22 06:47:05 PST 2004

On Thursday, January 22, 2004, at 06:31  AM, Daniel Beck wrote:

> On Jan 21, 2004, at 8:02 AM, Mark M. Florida wrote:
>
>> On Jan 20, 2004, at 1:37 PM, Daniel Beck wrote:
>>
>>> What I'm saying is that I had no trouble in the past with the same
>>> batch.
>>
>> The same package/spindle?  You just said "these discs" -- I guess to
>> me that means "the same exact kind of discs."  They could still be
>> from different batches, though, just in the same package...
>>
>> For real, see if the manufacturer or reseller will exchange the bad
>> burns and whatever discs are left...  State that discs from other
>> manufacturers work fine, and their discs used to work fine, but you
>> think you got some bad ones...
>
> Well, I made a few coasters, so I've given up on that batch for this
> project. I went and bought some TDK Ink-Jet printable DVDs and...they
> worked! So, my problem is solved for this project (and hopefully for
> future ones).
>
> Still baffled at why those other discs wouldn't work this time. But,
> oh well, gotta get on with my work.
>
> Daniel

This reminds me of someting that hapened a few weeks ago.
I had taken a pic of my inlaws with the trv900.
  It came out good and we wanted to frame it for them.
I burned a CD and went to the kiosk at KMart.
The first 3 CD's didn't work, then a helpful girl informed me that CD's
with a label or coat of paint on top worked better. I got some memorex
CD's and bingo no problem.
Interesting that you have had similar results.
Jim