[MacDV] iDVD 4 is sloooow

Mark M. Florida markf at squareblue.com
Thu Jan 22 07:07:10 PST 2004

On Jan 22, 2004, at 8:16 AM, Video International wrote:

> Luckily, I had made a backup image of my drive before installing iLife
> '04, and am considering going back to iDVD 3. Just thought I'd pass on
> the info for those of you considering the upgrade, but require a fast
> work flow.

I always make a backup of the old iApps before installing the new ones
(no need to back up the ENTIRE hard drive) -- just make a folder named
"iDVD 3" and put iDVD in there -- the new version will be installed
right alongside the old one, and you should be able to use either one
as desired...

> You might end up needing a dual processor G5 to use this $49 app!

Apple is a hardware company, after all...  Maybe that's their intention!

;-)

- Mark