[MacDV] Canon ZR-60 vs. Sony TRV-19

Eagle eagle243 at mac.com
Fri Jan 23 08:55:25 PST 2004

On Jan 23, 2004, at 11:44, chrisandheather at shaw.ca wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I had asked about the TRV-60 because it was either that or the TRV-19
> as far as what is in my price range. I plan to use Final Cut Express
> 1.0.1 on my Blue and White G3.
>
> Could anyone here tell me the pros and cons of either? The ZR-60 is
> nice but performs poorly under low light conditions (it doesn't really
> get great reviews). A buddy of mine has a Sony TRV-33 and the image
> quality is amazing for a single chip camcorder and has analog input
> and 16:9 (Sony TRV-19 supports 16:9 as well).
>
> It would be really could to hear these two compared...
>
> Chris

Chris,

Just to make sure: don't just go by my comment. :)  RB said s/he is
extremely impressed with the ZR-60 and said something about manual
white balance for indoor shooting - I'm going to try that tonight to
see how much of a difference it makes.  I've always just used the
automatic settings, and possibly setting the white balance for indoor
shooting will really help out.

Eagle