[MacDV] Labeling DVD's...Best Way

Kathi Carey kathicarey at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 24 17:26:27 PST 2004

On 1/24/04 5:26 AM, "Macintosh Digital Video List"
<MacDV at lists.themacintoshguy.com> wrote:

> Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 22:39:15 -0500
> From: Kochkodin <kochkodin at verizon.net>
> Subject: [MacDV] Labeling DVD's...Best Way
>
> Good evening Lista's,
> Just a quick question...We have now made several DVD's..all Vebatim's
> and have labelled their cases.  What is the preferred method to write a
> title etc. on the dvd surface itself?  It seems that everyone takes the
> dvd out of the case, views it and lets it in the player..This creates a
> problem with a 3 dvd changer and even a single player when done a couple
> of times and dvd's are left out.  So what do you all recommend?  Erica?
> Regards and thanks in advance,
> Mike K

Mike,
You can buy CD/DVD printable labels (high-quality photo glossy (or matte)
paper--same paper that you use to print photos) and print them from your
ink-jet printer.  Once you've created a template that works for the layout
of the labels on the page, you can customize them with artwork and get as
plain or fancy as you wish.  I use Photoshop to do this, but it could
probably be done with other programs as well.  Then you just apply the label
to the DVD.  This way you can use the see-through jewel cases for the DVDs
if you want to save a little $$.

Kathi