Compressing media files

E. Bond Francisco ebondfrancisco at mac.com
Sat Jan 24 23:26:01 PST 2004

Folks,

I'll bet this has been talked about many times, but I can't get to the
list Archive site, so I'll ask it:

I've captured 4.82 G of media from an SVHS tape for a client and put
them in an iMovie project. The client wants me to move the files onto a
DVD that he can read on his Mac, OSX 10.2, imovie 3. I'm using iMovie
4. The client then wants to be able to edit the movie on his own Mac,
using iMovie3 or FCE. So the deal was, I would just burn the whole
darned project (QT movie, Project File and Media) onto a DVD.

So, guess what, the DV holds 4.7G! Arrgghhhh! So now I'm trying to
figure out how to compress the actual media files so that I can put
them on the DVD and send them off. I attempted to ZIP them up in
Stuffit Deluxe 8, but it choked.  Any clues? What's the best way to
compress these media files?

Thanks,

Bond